PARKING OPTIONS USUALLY AVAILABLE FOR JURORS
(Call the Jury Services Division phone number at 912-652-7170 and select option number 1 to hear the most up-to-date juror parking information.)
Remember free parking is available on a “first-come/first-serve” basis at the following garages or lot. Be sure to allow extra time to find parking (refer to the map below; click to enlarge):
- THE CITY'S LIBERTY GARAGE on the corner of Montgomery Street and Liberty Street has ample free parking available for jurors and is only a couple of blocks from the courthouse.
- THE CITY'S ROBERT ROBINSON GARAGE across the street from the courthouse entrance has limited free parking for jurors available.
- THE COUNTY GARAGE next door to the courthouse has limited free parking for jurors (referred to as “public”) available only on the 4th, 5th or 6th floors. The entrance to the county garage is now on the MLK, Jr. Blvd. side and the exit is on the Montgomery Street side. In order to exit without having to pay, you will need the ticket you pull on entering that garage validated at the courthouse along with a QR coded slip to scan on exiting. The QR coded slip will be given to you at the courthouse and is good for the whole day. Therefore, if you move your car during the same day, you may use the same slip along with any validated ticket to exit free.
Jurors who park in reserved spaces or on yellow lines in any of the garages risk having your car towed at your own expense. Follow the signage for public parking in the garage where you park. Parking at meters or anywhere else not listed on these instructions is at your own expense.
Please bring the parking ticket you pull on entering the above-mentioned garages with you to the courthouse to be validated. You will need the validated ticket in order to exit the garage without paying.
Please remember to allow enough time to find parking and arrive at the required time.
In order for jurors to exit the County Garage that is located next to the courthouse without having to pay:
- DRIVE DOWN TO THE PAYSTATION KIOSK that is pictured (click to enlarge) when ready to exit the county garage.
- INSERT YOUR VALIDATED PARKING TICKET* in the slot labeled "Ticket Only" on the kiosk. There is a picture above the slot showing you what side and how to insert the ticket.
- SCAN THE QR CODED VOUCHER SLIP* on the kiosk where it is labeled "Scan Barcode or Take Receipt" WHEN SCANNING THE VOUCHER/ QR CODED SLIP, HOLD IT UNDER THE SCANNER LONG ENOUGH FOR THE SCANNER TO READ IT AND THE EXIT BAR/ARM to RAISE ALLOWING YOU TO EXIT.
* If you do not have the required validated ticket or the QR coded voucher slip, you may need to pay to exit. You may try and press the button on the upper right side of the kiosk and talk to the parking attendant to explain that you are a juror and why you do not have the required validated parking ticket, the QR coded slip, or are having problems with the machine. The parking attendant may be able to help you exit without paying; an attendant is not always available. Follow any other directions that are posted on the parking kiosk.
(Click to enlarge)