PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY
- Your request must be received by Chatham County Georgia Jury Services at least five days
prior to your scheduled week of service during the 8 am to 5 pm office hours, Monday
through Friday. To request a deferment you may call 912-652-7170, fax a request to 912-652-7130, send
through regular mail the request form on your summons to Room 616, Jury Services, Chatham
County Courthouse, 133 Montgomery St., Savannah, GA 31401 or use the following request
form to email a request for deferment to jury services.
- If you do not receive a message verifying that your request has been denied or
approved by email, phone, fax, or regular mail, you must call the jury division before the
five day deadline prior to your scheduled week of service.
- Only ONE DEFERRAL PER SUMMONS IS ALLOWED. Second deferral requests must and
will be denied.
- When requesting a deferment, you must state the reason for the request. Indicate
the week or weeks to which you would like to be rescheduled and we will try to accommodate your
request. A deferral must be to a week within the present term of court (three month terms) or the
next term of court. Any requests for later weeks must have extenuating circumstances and you may be
required to provide written documentation prior to the 5-day deadline.
- Call the Jury Services Office at 912-652-7170 if you have further questions about your
jury service or to confirm that your request was received in time. The best time to call our
office is between 2 pm and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Use this form to submit a request to have your jury service postponed to a new week.